Week 11 NFL Playoff Picture: Vikings Draw Tough Matchup
Folks, as much as the NFL season feels like it began just a few weeks ago, we are officially over halfway through the 2022 regular season. Because of that, it seems appropriate to begin paying attention to the NFL playoff picture as we get ever closer to January.
With that, here’s what the NFL playoff seeds, and wild card matchups would look like if the season ended today, including a look at the Vikings, who draw a tough matchup in the wild card round.
[brid autoplay=”true” video=”1184866″ player=”26281″ title=”Reaction%20to%20Vikings%20Win%20over%20Bills” duration=”1109″ description=”Dustin Baker goes through the broad talking points of the Vikings taking down the Bills.” uploaddate=”2022-11-14″ thumbnailurl=”https://cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/19439/snapshot/1184866_th_1668451405.jpg” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/19439/sd/1184866.mp4″ width=”16″ height=”9″]
- Philadelphia Eagles (8-1) — head-to-head tiebreaker over Vikings
- Minnesota Vikings (8-1)
- Seattle Seahawks (6-4)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-5)
- New York Giants (7-2)
- Dallas Cowboys (6-3)
- San Francisco 49ers (5-4)
- Washington Commanders (5-5)
- Green Bay Packers (4-6)
- Atlanta Falcons (4-6)
- Arizona Cardinals (4-6)
- Detroit Lions (3-6)
- Los Angeles Rams (3-6)
- Carolina Panthers (3-7)
- New Orleans Saints (3-7)
- Chicago Bears (3-7)
Wild Card Matchups
- (7) San Francisco 49ers @ (2) Minnesota Vikings
- (6) Dallas Cowboys @ (3) Seattle Seahawks
- (5) New York Giants @ (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- (1) Philadelphia Eagles on bye
- Other than the Eagles, the San Francisco 49ers seem like the most dangerous matchup for the Vikings come playoff time. Having to play them in the first round would be a tough draw.
- Seeing as the Minnesota Vikings opened the week as home underdogs against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 11, it’s hard to imagine the Seahawks being favored in that game.
- Can the New York Giants continue to be the kryptonite to Tom Brady?
- Reminder that the Saints gave their first-round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Keep an eye on the surging Washington Commanders, especially as a potential wild card matchup against the Vikings.
- Kansas City Chiefs (7-2)
- Miami Dolphins (7-3)
- Tennessee Titans (6-3) — conference record tiebreaker over Baltimore
- Baltimore Ravens (6-3)
- New York Jets (6-3) — head-to-head tiebreaker over Buffalo
- Buffalo Bills (6-3)
- New England Patriots (5-4)
- Los Angeles Chargers (5-4)
- Cincinnati Bengals (5-4)
- Indianapolis Colts (4-5-1)
- Cleveland Browns (3-6)
- Denver Broncos (3-6)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (3-6)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7)
- Las Vegas Raiders (2-7)
- Houston Texans (1-7-1)
Wild Card Matchups
- (7) New England Patriots @ (2) Miami Dolphins
- (6) Buffalo Bills @ (3) Tennessee Titans
- (5) New York Jets @ (4) Baltimore Ravens
- (1) Kansas City Chiefs on bye
- It continues to crack me up how the Titans just hang around near the top
- All four AFC East teams are in the playoffs, which would mark a first in NFL history
- The Bills loss to the Vikings had massive effects on their playoff seeding
- I can’t believe the Colts are as close as they are to a wild card spot
- If the Dolphins take care of business against the Patriots, there’s a very good chance the Bills/Chiefs rematch occurs in the divisional round once again
Josh Frey is a Class of 2020 graduate of The College of Idaho with a bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing. He also earned minors in History, Human Biology, and Journalism. When he’s not writing about the NFL, Josh enjoys marathon training, playing video games, or rooting for the Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks. For more of his opinions, check out his Twitter account: @Freyed_Chicken.