- February 10, 2020 at 8:05 pm #55285presnapreadParticipant
The Move: The Vikings Hire Dom Capers for the role of Senior Defensive Assistant The Resumè: 33 Years as a Coach or Assistant in the NFL, 16 Years as
[See the full post at: Vikings Hire Dom Capers as Senior Defensive Assistant]
- February 10, 2020 at 11:07 pm #55290presnapreadParticipant
What do you think about this hire?
- February 11, 2020 at 9:37 am #55291Joe OberleModerator
Hmmmmm. This is a tough one. If we look at it in terms of Jerry Gray for Dom Capers, I want backsies. Seriously, I am not sure about this one. Does this undermine the authority you just gave Patterson and Adam Zimmer? I am not a big fan of hiring the guy that held the Packers defense down for so long. But the guy does have some cred in the league. So, who knows.
- February 13, 2020 at 6:06 pm #55356Ben_LysoParticipant
I am actually fine with the hire. Bringing in a fresh mind, even though he wasn’t successful as of late, can spark some innovation in a defensive scheme. We all know its Zimmer’s defense and he has the final say in regards to play calling and scheme, so I don’t see a problem with bringing someone in to contribute more ideas.
- February 13, 2020 at 8:10 pm #55358Kirby O’ConnorModerator
I think a lot was made of “too many cooks” last offseason with the hire of Kubiak. The success of the offense made it clear that having more great football minds in the room, as long as the are able to work together, is a good thing. Like Ben said, if Zimmer has final say, I trust the process.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.