The View from VT: Landing a Hall of Fame Player, First Domino Falls, & Hunter Noncommittal
Vikings Territory works in partnership with PurplePTSD, similarly doing their utmost to put forth excellent Minnesota Vikings content. As a result, we promote what they have to offer in “The View from VT,” a weekly piece. Take a look at five of their articles from the past week.
The View from VT: February 10th, 2024
1) Vikings Viewed as Landing Spot for Future Hall of Famer: Boosting the run game needs to be a major priority. Every phase of the game — offense, defense, special teams — benefits from from being able to have a competent rushing attack. Not too long ago, Josh Frey wrote about the merits of adding Derrick Henry in a piece on PurplePTSD. More recently, that theory picked up some added credibility by getting a bit more speculative momentum.
2) The Vikings’ First Offseason Domino Quietly Fell: Somehow, Brian Flores didn’t get any serious traction in this year’s head coaching search. A whopping eight teams needed a new head coach, which works out to 25% of the NFL’s teams. Of those eight teams, five of them opted for a defensive mastermind. Even still, Flores didn’t even get an interview. Minnesota will benefit from the league’s collective mistake.
3) Danielle Hunter Suddenly Noncommittal on Free Agency Outlook: Truth be told, Danielle Hunter is simply doing what he should be doing: establishing a bit of leverage in negotiations. The star defender wants to come back and the team wants him back. Both sides have affirmed as much publicly. Even with those admissions, though, both sides will be looking for the best deal possible. So, no worries at all that Hunter wants (gasp) a strong contract.
4) Former Vikings Speedster Resurfaces in Arizona: Dan Chisena still does offer some intriguing potential. After all, he’s among the fastest players in the NFL. True, his chance of becoming a weapon on offense is ultra slim, but the potential is there for him to be a menace as a gunner and in pursuit in kickoff coverage. Good to see him get another opportunity.
5) Packers Sign Former Vikings QB: The headline is accurate. The only caveat is that the signing isn’t what most people would expect. Sean Mannion has had an on-again, off-again relationship with the Vikings for several seasons. Being a brainy QB who lacks on-field talent will lead to that sort of history. In Green Bay, though, he’ll be making a full transition toward using his brain. The Packers have added Coach Mannion to their staff.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
A Clever Contract Caveat Will Allow the Vikings to be Shrewd with Kirk Cousins Negotiation
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.