The View from VT: Goodbye Quarterback, a Star Returns, & Tipping their Hand
Vikings Territory works in partnership with PurplePTSD, similarly doing their utmost to put forth excellent Minnesota Vikings content. As a result, we occasionally promote what they have to offer in “The View from VT,” a weekly piece. Take a look at five of their articles from the past week.
The View from VT: November 18th, 2023
1) Very Quietly, the Vikings Said Goodbye to Yet Another Quarterback: Bringing Tanner Morgan to town made a lot of sense. After all, Jaren Hall was concussed, which is to say nothing of already having Kirk Cousins and Nick Mullens on the IR. What was a touch more surprising was that Minnesota opted to move on in short order.
2) RB Reinforcements Arrive for Vikings: Yet again, injuries have made things challenging for Minnesota. Alexander Mattison is working through a concussion and Cam Akers is done for the season due to his Achilles injury. Minnesota helped to shore up the positional depth by bringing a familiar face to town.
3) Vikings Get at Least 1 Star Back on Sunday: The only thing standing in his way is health. When there are no injuries, Christian Darrisaw is without question one of the premier offensive linemen in the NFL. The young left tackle is going to be a cornerstone of the franchise for a long, long time. Hopefully, he’s able to overcome some of the early-career injuries to put together seasons where he’s on the field on a weekly basis.
4) Vikings New Signing Tips their Hand: Signing Anthony Barr certainly made some waves within both Vikings fandom and writing. The 2014 opening-round selection was a mainstay of the Zimmer era, but the switch to the new regime seemingly ended his time wearing purple. Life can be funny, though. The linebacker is back, hoping to fill-in for a team that’s on the rise.
5) Former Pro Bowler Pounds the Table for Vikings HC: Kevin O’Connell deserves a pile of praise for the work he’s doing in 2023. And, to be sure, I’ve been critical of him at several points in the past. Anything less than serious consideration for Coach of the Year, though, would point to a major issue with the voting process.
Enjoy the extra reading, Minnesota Vikings fans.
Adam Thielen: Full-Time Receiver & Part-Time Iced Tea Turkey Brine Spokesperson
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.