The Complete Kwesi Trade Tracker: 17 Deals & Counting
Admittedly, putting together a Kwesi trade tracker is a tedious task.
After all, the former stock broker has proven quite adept at pulling off deals. His tendency for doing so is what prompted me to make my move. With a bit more time at the helm, Adofo-Mensah would have had such a mountain of trades – with all the minutia of details that accompany each transaction – that putting this together would have felt like a Sisyphean task.
The Za’Darius Smith deal was the straw that broke the camel’s back. The job needed to be done. From this point, I can return to update it as new news emerges (a far less daunting reality than combing through years of trade activity at some far-off, nebulous date).
Right off the top, I’ll acknowledge the obvious: it’s possible there are some errors. Efforts have been made to ensure accuracy. My own memory – a shabby resource, to be sure – was greatly helped by Pro Football Reference and the trade news released from the organization itself (both on their social media and website). The NFL’s draft tracker proved to be helpful, as well.
Like Santa Claus before the fateful day arrives, I made my list and checked it twice. But I am a mere mortal. Mistakes likely remain (if you spot any, send me a note on Twitter so I can fix them!).* In essence, all I’ve done is collate, condense, and (hopefully) clarify the convoluted information that’s already out there. Nothing particularly original, just an honest effort to get things in a single spot with a thoroughly purple lens.
My hope, valued reader, is that the tracker is a nice resource. Use it as a reference to satisfy your
insomnia curiosity, to discern trends about how the GM operates, and/or to help with your own Vikings writing/podcasting.
Kwesi Trade Tracker
- Thursday, April 28th, 2022: Minnesota trades #12 (WR Jameson Williams) & #46 (DE Josh Paschal) for Detroit’s #32 (S Lewis Cine), #34 (traded), & #66 (LB Brian Asamoah).
- Friday, April 29th, 2022: Minnesota trades #34 (WR Christian Watson) for Green Bay’s #53 (traded) & #59 (RG Ed Ingram).
- Friday, April 29th, 2022: Minnesota trades #53 (WR Alec Pierce), #77 (OL Bernhard Raimann), & #192 (TE Andrew Ogletree) for Indianapolis’ #42 (CB Andrew Booth Jr.) & #122 (traded).
- Saturday, April 30th, 2022: Minnesota trades #156 (RB Jerome Ford) & a 2023 4th (#126 – DE Isaiah McGuire) for Cleveland’s #118 (CB Akayleb Evans).
- Saturday, April 30th, 2022: Minnesota trades #122 (RB Zamir White) & #250 (RB Brittain Brown) for Las Vegas’ #126 (traded) & #227 (TE Nick Muse).
- Saturday, April 30th, 2022: Minnesota trades #126 (DE Neil Farrell) for Las Vegas’ #165 (DE Esezi Otomewo) & #169 (RB Ty Chandler).
- Monday, August 22nd, 2022: Minnesota trades a 2024 conditional 7th for Las Vegas’ QB Nick Mullens.
- Tuesday, August 30th, 2022: Minnesota trades a 2023 6th (#201 – C Jarrett Patterson) for Houston’s DT Ross Blacklock & a 2023 7th (#219 – traded).
- Tuesday, August 30th, 2022: Minnesota trades OL Jesse Davis to Pittsburgh for a conditional 2025 7th.
- Wednesday, August 31st, 2022: Minnesota trades a 2023 7th (#219 – traded) & conditional 2024 4th for Philadelphia’s WR/PR Jalen Reagor.
- Tuesday, November 1st, 2022: Minnesota trades a 2023 2nd (traded) & 2024 3rd for Detroit’s TE T.J. Hockenson, a 2023 4th (#119 – traded), & 2024 4th.
- Friday, April 28th, 2023: Minnesota trades pick #87 (S Ji’Ayir Brown) in exchange for San Francisco’s #102 (CB Mekhi Blackmon), #164 (QB Jaren Hall), & #222 (RB DeWayne McBride).
- Saturday, April 29th, 2023: Minnesota trades pick #119 (CB Chamarri Conner) for Kansas City’s #134 (DB Jay Ward) & a 2024 5th.
- Saturday, April 29th, 2023: Minnesota trades #158 (S Daniel Scott) & #211 (EDGE Titus Leo) for Indianapolis’ #141 (DT Jaquelin Roy).
- Friday, May 12th, 2023: Minnesota trades Za’Darius Smith, a 2025 6th & 7th for Cleveland’s 2024 5th & 2025 5th.
- Sunday, August 27th, 2023: Minnesota trades Vederian Lowe for New England’s 2024 6th.
- Wednesday, September 20th, 2023: Minnesota trades a 2026 conditional 6th for Cam Akers and LA’s conditional 2026 7th.
The Vikings decided to hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah on Wednesday, January 26, 2022. Since then, the GM hasn’t been shy about pulling off deals. Be sure to keep swinging by to make sure you’re up to date on all the moves he has made.
Latest Update: Thursday, September 21st, 2023 to account for the news of the Akers deal, as reported by Adam Schefter.
* My thanks to a social media post that very helpfully reminded me about the trade involving Nick Mullens.