22 Questions For The 2022 Vikings Season
We don’t have too many firm answers for how things will proceed in the upcoming season. Be that as it may, we can still ask plenty of questions about the Vikings 2022 season.
In fact, I’m tossing out 22 questions since we’re staring down the 2022 regular season.
The list below covers all three phases of the game. There are nine for each of the offense and defense. A measly four questions are devoted to special teams even though it’s a sneaky important part of football.
The Vikings Questions for the 2022 Season
- Can Kirk Cousins elevate? Getting from really good to All Pro would make this Vikings team much, much different.
- Will the iOL be strong enough in pass pro? It’s difficult to complete a pass when the pocket collapses with some consistency.
- Should the team have done more to address the TE position? Irv Smith Jr. is already coming off an injury.
- Will Kwesi Adofo-Mensah regret cutting Ihmir Smith-Marsette? The sophomore WR could have been a nice complement to the Vikings offense.
- Does Christian Darrisaw experience a sophomore slump? If so, Kevin O’Connell will need to find creative solutions to keep Cousins upright.
- Can Justin Jefferson somehow be even better? It’s hard to believe, but the elite WR is still only 23.
- Is this finally the year when Dalvin Cook stays healthy for the entire season? Paradoxically, the team may get more Cook if they use Cook less.
- Does Kevin O’Connell struggle with balancing head coaching responsibilities with his play-calling responsibilities?
- How does the coaching staff handle their halftime adjustments?
- Is there enough depth beyond Danielle Hunter and Za’Darius Smith? The Vikings need a third pass rusher to emerge.
- Should the team have brought in more corner help? One thinks of the past injuries to Cameron Dantzler and Andrew Booth Jr. as being worrisome.
- Moreover, might they regret not bringing in someone more proven to be the slot corner?
- How long until Lewis Cine forces his way into the starting lineup? He is, after all, the team’s first-round pick.
- While we’re on the topic, will any rookies start in Ed Donatell’s defense in 2022? Currently, it looks like they’re all backups.
- Speaking of Donatell, will his scheme help to revitalize the defense? There is talent but the group has underperformed in recent seasons.
- Are we going to see Eric Kendricks get back to elite? He played well in 2021, but he has been better.
- Somehow, Harrison Smith might be even more involved in Donatell’s defense than he was in Zimmer’s. Can he have an All-Pro season?
- Will the defense have better injury luck? Recent years have featured some really challenging circumstances since so many of the starters have missed time.
- Can Greg Joseph be as good as we’re all hoping? It has been all optimism heading into the regular season.
- Rookie Ryan Wright will be this team’s punter. Will he be able to translate preseason success into regular season success?
- Kene Nwangwu is an excellent returner. Will any team be willing to actually kick him the ball?
- Jalen Reagor got brought in and one of his main jobs will be as punt returner. Can he solidify this spot?
We’ll begin getting some answers to these various questions later today when the Vikings take on the Packers. The game takes place at U.S. Bank Stadium and will begin at 3:25 CT.
[brid autoplay=”true” video=”1089392″ player=”26281″ title=”WATCH%20Was%20Russell%20Wilson’s%20extension%20a%20good%20deal%20for%20Denver” duration=”58″ description=”National NFL reporter for FanSided, Matt Verderame, joins Carolyn Manno to discuss the latest NFL headlines. Detailing the recent blockbuster Russell Wilson extension, how it will affect other quarterbacks, plus a preview of the most interesting NFL Week 1 matchups.” uploaddate=”2022-09-03″ thumbnailurl=”https://cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/17660/snapshot/1089364_sd_1662163219.jpg” contentUrl=”https://cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/17660/streaming/1089364/1089364.m3u8″ width=”16″ height=”9″]