Week 13 NFL Playoff Picture: The League Continues Shuffling
We are officially two-thirds through the NFL regular season schedule, so it’s safe to say we are in the closing stretch. During these final six weeks, there are many teams jockeying for playoff positioning throughout both conferences. Here’s a look at the Week 13 NFL playoff picture including the projected Wild Card matchups.
- Philadelphia Eagles (10-1)
- Minnesota Vikings (9-2)
- San Francisco 49ers (7-4)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-6)
- Dallas Cowboys (8-3)
- New York Giants (7-4)
- Washington Commanders (7-5)
- Seattle Seahawks (6-5)
- Atlanta Falcons (5-7)
- Detroit Lions (4-7)
- Green Bay Packers (4-8) — in-conference record tiebreaker over CAR, ARI, NO
- Carolina Panthers (4-8) — in conference record tiebreaker over ARI, NO
- Arizona Cardinals (4-8) — head-to-head tiebreaker over NO
- New Orleans Saints (4-8)
- Los Angeles Rams (3-8)
- Chicago Bears (3-9)
Wild Card Matchups
- (7) Washington Commanders @ (2) Minnesota Vikings
- (6) New York Giants @ (3) San Francisco 49ers
- (5) Dallas Cowboys @ (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- (1) Philadelphia Eagles on bye
- The Seahawks continue to tumble after their recent stretch of losing games
- Every NFC East team is officially in the playoff picture
- The Vikings seem destined to play the 49ers in the divisional round, assuming both teams make it that far
- There could be a lot of tanking from the 10-16 group for higher draft picks towards the end of the season.
- The Bears have the No. 2 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft right now. Seeing as they don’t need a QB, they could get a ton for trading down.
- Kansas City Chiefs (9-2)
- Miami Dolphins (8-3) — head-to-head tiebreaker over BUF
- Tennessee Titans (7-4) — in-conference record tiebreaker over BAL
- Baltimore Ravens (7-4) — head-to-head tiebreaker over CIN
- Buffalo Bills (8-3)
- Cincinnati Bengals (7-4) — head-to-head tiebreaker over NYJ
- New York Jets (7-4)
- New England Patriots (6-5) — in-conference record tiebreaker over LAC
- Los Angeles Chargers (6-5)
- Indianapolis Colts (4-7-1)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (4-7) — head-to-head tiebreaker over LV, in-conference record tiebreaker over CLE
- Las Vegas Raiders (4-7) — in-conference record tiebreaker over CLE
- Cleveland Browns (4-7) — head-to-head tiebreaker over PIT
- Pittsburgh Steelers (4-7)
- Denver Broncos (3-8)
- Houston Texans (1-9-1)
Wild Card Matchups
- (7) New York Jets @ (2) Miami Dolphins
- (6) Cincinnati Bengals @ (3) Tennessee Titans
- (5) Buffalo Bills @ (4) Baltimore Ravens
- (1) Kansas City Chiefs on bye
- Another Bengals/Titans rematch could be looming this year.
- Keep an eye on the Chargers. They have the sixth-easiest remaining schedule by opponents winning percentage, so they could very easily sneak into the playoffs in the coming weeks.
- New England still has two games against Buffalo as well as games against Cincinatti and Miami, so they could lose their tiebreaker over LA at some point.
- Circle the Week 15 game in Buffalo between the Bills and Dolphins as the game that could decide the AFC East.
Josh Frey is a Class of 2020 graduate of The College of Idaho with a bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing. He also earned minors in History, Human Biology, and Journalism. When he’s not writing about the NFL, Josh enjoys marathon training, playing video games, or rooting for the Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks. For more of his opinions, check out his Twitter account: @Freyed_Chicken.