23 Vikings Questions on Training Camp Eve
Readers who have been following Purple PTSD throughout the month of July have likely seen the “Pertinent Purple Topics” pieces (which was later trimmed to “PPT”). My goal was merely to highlight questions, concerns, and issues the team will be looking to address as it marches toward the Week 1 game against the Packers. Below, you’ll find the full list.
- Is The Vikings’ iOL Good Enough?
- Can Patrick Peterson Be a Strong CB2?
- Will Kicker be a Weak Point?
- Does Danielle Hunter Return to Dominance?
- Will The Ed Donatell Scheme Improve the Defense?
- Sophomore Slumps or Success?
- Will the Vikings Run Defense Improve?
- Do The Vikings Have Enough Pass Rushing Depth?
- Can Brian O’Neill Become an All Pro?
- Can Kevin O’Connell Actually Coach?
- What’s Going to Happen with Alexander Mattison?
- How Many Receivers Can Minnesota Keep?
- What Happens if Irv Smith Jr. Isn’t Available?
- Will Kellen Mond Show Growth in Year 2?
- Will The Team Be Ready by Week 1?
- How High Can Cameron Dantzler Ascend?
- Can a Depth Defender Step Up?
- Is It Possible for Justin Jefferson to Be Even Better?
- Do The Vikings Have Any Chance at The NFC North?
- Will Kwesi Adofo-Mensah Add a FA or Two?
- Can Harrison Smith Get Back to Elite?
- Will Kirk Cousins Lead Minnesota to a Playoff Spot?
The title promises 23 questions. Astute readers may have noticed that there are only 22 listed above. To deliver on the promise, I’ll offer one more question.
Was the overall direction of the offseason misguided? The team had the chance to fully build for the future. Instead, the Vikings decided to merely retool rather than rebuild. Putting forth another average season would certainly be a disappointment, one that would likely lead to the beginning of a rebuild.
The hope, of course, is that Minnesota finds meaningful success in 2022. That’ll mean not only getting into the playoffs but winning games (the plural is intentional) once there. A Super Bowl is very unlikely, but I’d be thrilled to be wrong.
These goals, though, are a long way off. In the meantime, enjoy training camp, Vikings fans. We’ll have tons of news, analysis, and rumors to keep everyone up to date.
Vikings Territory Also Read: Robert Griffin III Replaces Vikings Legend on Monday Night Football