Where US Bank Stadium ranks for COVID ticket prices in 2021
One of the best parts of running the largest Minnesota Vikings news website in the game? Getting tons of emails from networks looking for us to cover their news. Most of the time? It’s some betting network from behind the Iron Curtain looking to lower our Google trust rating so they can buy their next potato, but sometimes we get actually useful tidbits.
Case in point, our friends over at TN Bets’ breakdown of the most expensive NFL/sports tickets in 2021. Considering that the COVID vaccine should be flowing through most of our veins by the start of the 2021 season, we thought it was important to share this so you can start saving up your potato money to see the purple in person.
First, how did they come about this info? From TNBets.com:
From Jan. 13 – Jan. 19, 2021, we surveyed 2,020 sports fans from around the country. 57% of respondents were female and 43% were male. The average age of respondents was 38 years old.
MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL costs were sourced from Team Marketing Report’s 2019-2020 NBA, NFL, MLB and NFL Fan Cost Index reports. The average cost to attend a game was based on one average general admission ticket price, average price of a beer (multiplied by two), average price of a hot dog and average parking price for each team.
Next? The Vikings related information:
- The cost to see the Vikings play was slightly below the league average of $157.07.
- The Minnesota Vikings ranked 17th in the NFL with an average price of $150.50 to attend the game.
- The most expensive NFL Stadiums to see a game are: 1. Las Vegas Raiders 2. San Francisco 49ers 3. Dallas Cowboys 4. Los Angeles Rams 5. Green Bay Packers.
- The most expensive beer on average in the NFL will cost you $13 dollars at a Raiders game. The average price at a Vikings game is $10.
- 37% of sports fan believe it will be the end of 2021 before full stadium attendance returns, while another 21% feel it won’t fully return to 2022.
Where do the Vikings rank in the NFL? Here’s that chart:
And their description:
The cost to attend an NFL game is by far the most expensive among all four leagues. In fact, the cheapest team to watch live is the Cincinnati Bengals ($105.69) and the league average is $157.07. The Las Vegas Raiders come in at No. 1 ($236.97) followed by the San Francisco 49ers ($205.75) and the Dallas Cowboys ($198).
The Las Vegas Raiders also have the most expensive general admission ticket with an average cost of $153.47.
And in sports in general: