VikingsTalk- Top five things to remember when drafting your fantasy team

With minicamp in the books and training camp right around the corner, and it’s never too early to start thinking about how your gonna dominate your friends and foes in the upcoming fantasy season. Fantasy football can be tricky, and it’s important to stay on top of things.

We here at PurplePTSD.com are going to help you conquer all with a comprehensive draft guide that will  include a visual dueling mock draft, and a list of sleepers at every position including those that play IDP. If you want to be a champion you’ll want to tune in and follow this guide all fantasy season as we’ll be making updates to waiver wire and trade targets we also can help if you’re looking to make some money, without spending an arm and a leg, via https://pointspromo.codes/

First things first, here are the top fIve things to remember when drafting a fantasy football team before the season starts!

Be sure to have backups when starters  have a tough week-to week schedule.

We often pick our stars and keep them in the lineup no matter what. When drafting in the later round look for viable substitutes who can fill in and produce when your sure your star is in for a rough day

This applies especially for Quarterbacks  be certain you know what the oppositions defense is like where they rank fantasy wise. and be sure to keep two quarterbacks of starter quality on your roster. Some fantasy gems could be players like Miami’s Kalen ballage, Washington’s Chris Thompson, and Arizona’s Kyler Murray just to name a few.

Best player available

When filling your roster do not be afraid to go best player available. The NFL season is wild and unpredictable and having good players on your team will trump decency at every position. Tight ends is usually a position group that doesn’t  get drafted in the first two rounds but have major fantasy value. Also don’t be afraid to draft a sought after player just because your stacked at a position. Selecting the best player available can set you up to make major trades.

Set yourself up to make smart trades .

Trades in fantasy football is everyone’s way of rounding  out their roster. Some do it for backups others do it because  they forgot to take off of work and had to auto draft their team. Either way it’s an important tool to use during the season. When making a trade consider how much better the players your giving will make the other guy. While you may only be thinking making your team better be aware of making someone else better. During the draft take the best player available, as described above to snipe good players and make them available for trade to acquire talent at a position you perhaps weren’t able to draft a star for.

Draft linebackers in IDP leagues.

This steps is solely for leagues that include defensive players. Since most fantasy league only have around 12 owners it’s pretty easy to secure a top notch defensive player. Unless you get your hands on Aaron Donald draft a playmaking linebacker.

Linebackers in IDP leagues are stat stuffers, players like Bobby Wagner, Deion Jones, And CJ Mosley should be your target and are usually available in later rounds. Some owners try to work the System and put in kick returning or punt returning cornerbacks.

While you could get lucky a get a large amount of points from that, it’s not very consistent. A really good Linebacker can  put you ahead of everyone else in your league. For example Darius Leonard worked wonders for me last year and won me a couple of super close games in the process.

2B. Know the ins and outs of your scoring system.

This is a pretty basic step, but it can be complex when applying it to drafting certain players. Most fantasy leagues use a PPR system or point per reception. One point for one reception is a lot of points and can add up very quickly. Star Running Back Ezekiel Elliot becomes a less attractive option than Christian Mccaffrey Or Alvin Kamara because both average at least 5 points per game in receptions alone. Also in superflex leagues they allow you to play Two Quarterbacks  which can yield much larger points than starting a tight end or Wide receiver in the flex spot.(@DrewChrstensen18)

Fully analyze the rosters of the players you draft.

This applies to the draft and during the season. I got burned last year. I drafted David Johnson and dalvin Cook as my starters. As we know both had two of the worst offensive lines in football. If i Had did a little bit more research I would have been able to land someone like Christina Mccaffrey  instead. A lot of fantasy fans do not look at the supporting cast of their star players, and this leads to them having terrible records. While this can be tricky sometimes it’s important to understand what position groups affect which.

For example the Steelers lost bell but still had a top notch offensive line. This correlated directly with the success of James Connor. Aside from injuries A.J green had to deal with Andy Dalton, and we all know how that goes Now there are certain players who transcend this rule. Players like Hopkins, Odell, And Barkley. Besides those individuals a players supporting cast could make or break your fantasy season. Don’t be the guy starting  David Johnson behind the 32 ranked offensive in the NFL per PFF.

Share: