Vikings Trailing Philly at Half-Time 24-7, This Feels Like What We’re Used To

You think we’d be used to this by now. It’s a TOTAL collapse by this defense, by this team.

The Vikings couldn’t have started out the game any better, after receiving the ball they marched down the field in a balanced offense and Case Keenum hit a wide open Kyle Rudolph to put the Vikings up 7 to 0. After that, it’s been all Philadelphia. The Vikings have committed two turnovers, both of which were devastating (the first was an interception after Keenum’s arm was hit, that was returned for the first points for Philadelphia and tied the game 7-7, the second came when the Vikings were in field goal range and driving to tie the game, taking those points off of the board while also leading to a touchdown from the Eagles (putting them up 21-7)).

The defense hasn’t played well. They’ve allowed Nick Foles to look like Tom Brady. Sure, Xavier Rhodes was on the bench during that last touchdown, but it doesn’t matter, there’s been missed tackles, missed opportunities, missed everything. This is what we’re used to as Vikings fans. This doesn’t look ANYTHING like the Vikings we’ve gotten used to this season, the team that I’ve said all year is the most “Anti-Vikings team I’ve ever seen”. It looks like the 2009 Vikings, the 2000 Vikings, even. Barr is missing tackles, the Eagles are moving the ball with ease and an offense that helped the defense by not turning the ball over all season is doing just that.

It’s times like this… it’s just rough. I want to hope that they can turn things around in the second half and they’re not used to losing to hopefully the no-quit in Case Keenum to get the rest of the team to play like they’re supposed to, like they’re used to playing. As the Saints showed the Vikings last week, teams can turn things around in the second half. But, it feels like this Vikings defense has been playing terrible since half-time of that Saints game and unless something drastic happens… this game is over. Oh, and I wrote this before that final drive. Are you kidding me? I have to watch the second half, but from the standpoint of my emotional well-being… I really don’t want to. I’d rather watch videos of my childhood dog getting put to sleep, at least I know I’ll see her again when I die (which can’t come soon enough, at this point).

Share: