- January 13, 2020 at 12:00 pm #54652
- January 15, 2020 at 12:32 pm #54675Vikadan11ModeratorNewbieRank: Newbie
As I said elsewhere I still believe fixing the offense is to improve the left side of the OL with players who have better talent and skillsets~
I do not see the Vikings trading up to draft a QB~Anyone who falls will most likely have issues that cause that fall~It happens every year to someone~Maybe, not a QB but someone always seems to fall~
- January 17, 2020 at 12:39 pm #54733Joe OberleModeratorNewbieRank: Newbie
I think there is hope for the line to improve–and i agree it starts on the left side. I am not sure how to get it done, however. They got overpowered in SF and they are all in on the small guys and zone blocking scheme. Don’t think you can just change that up on a whole sale basis. They have to figure out how to make it work against bigger and more powerful defensive fronts, I think.
- January 17, 2020 at 1:48 pm #54738Kirby O’ConnorModeratorNewbieRank: Newbie
Elflein is problem number one, but Reiff is problem number two. Gonna agree with the sentiment that the left side needs to be reworked. Perhaps they can fix the problem by getting some tackles who can convert to guard? Quick feet but big body types? Seems like the only thing to make the scheme work against some of the monsters they face every year.
- January 17, 2020 at 4:54 pm #54755tarvidianParticipantNewbieRank: Newbie
seems we have the small nimble zone scheme, or beefy power team. the zone schemes seems to work against some, not all teams. monsters on the other side over power us. i’d prefer a smash-mouth Hogs-style, but that would require a total makeover it seems and that is not part of the kubiak approach. not sure what to do. maybe elflein improves? maybe udoh or samia can explode? obviously, the coaches see what we don’t. what we do see it IT NEEDS FIXIN’!
- January 17, 2020 at 5:10 pm #54757Joe JohnsonKeymasterNewbieRank: Newbie
PEep what Tice says about the scheme…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.