Vikings Announce that Ahmad Rashad and Randy Moss will be Inducted into Ring of Honor this Year!

Randy Moss Ahmad Rashad Inducted into Ring of Honor

I often start articles by mentioning that I love the wide receiver position. The reason that I do is that because like many of my generation, I grew up watching Randy Moss play for the Minnesota Vikings (I blacked out the years after he was traded, literally). In meeting Vikings fans from all across the United States in my role as the owner of purplePTSD.com, it seems that the common thread for many is their age and the fact that they got to watch Moss (and to a lesser extent, Daunte Culpepper) play in the late 90’s early 00’s. So, it was really only a matter of time until the Vikings retired his number and inducted him into the ‘Ring of Honor’, alongside other Vikings greats like Cris Carter, Korey Stringer and Carl Eller (You can see the full list here).

In addition to Moss, Vikings and TV great Ahmad Rashad will also be inducted into the ring of honor in what seems like a long time overdo. I wasn’t old enough to remember watching Rashad play, but do know that he was part of the ‘Miracle at the Met’ that occurred in a game against the Cleveland Browns at the Met (Obviously) in December of 1980.

Because of the announcement, Moss was in town today and broke down the huddle for the Vikings at practice. It’s really great to see the team embracing it’s greatest receiver ever, after twice essentially breaking his and the fans heart by first trading him and then trading for and cutting him in the span of about three weeks under the cruel rule of Brad Childress.

We love you, Randy!

Share: