Minnesota Vikings: Fantasy football breakdown [Rapid News]

Peterson played only one game last season before being suspended by the NFL for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. I’d say it’s likely Charles is ready to play next September, but maybe not immediately.

“I think Teddy has a lot of confidence in him”, Zimmer said.

“I’ll say I’m the Michael Jordan, ” Peterson told reporters. Bridgewater is averaging 7.01 yards per pass attempt, a number that pales in comparison to many of his NFC counterparts. In the fourth quarter, he got greedy on a deep ball that was intercepted and turned into seven points in a game that became closer than it should have been. A 30-yard pass to Stefon Diggs set up Blair Walsh’s third field goal of the game, though, and Danielle Hunter forced a Charcandrick West fumble a bit later to help ensure the Vikings left as 16-10 winners in Week Five.

Understandably so, since the Vikings could’ve put the game away with a touchdown late in the fourth quarter. But opportunities were squandered earlier in the game as well. Cornerback Steven Nelson was called for roughing the passer on a third-and-6 incompletion midway through the second quarter, extending a drive that ended with Bridgewater’s short touchdown pass to Kyle Rudolph that put the Vikings up 10-0. “But you’ve definitely learned that you want to protect the quarterback, and those guys are your prize possessions”. It was third and goal, nobody was open, and Bridgewater threw it out of the end zone to secure the three points.

It took plenty of time for the Chiefs’ offense to find itself after losing Charles for the season last week with a knee injury. TheChiefs rely on Jamaal to cover the obvious flaws of quarterback Alex Smith. Just stop it. Every single player on both linesbasically spent the entire play in the end zone. I saw that they had a crosser coming and [Bridgewater] was staring him down the whole way.

“Gotta hit those”, Smith lamented. With Griffen out, the Vikings had only three defensive ends active. He also has the ability to make the big play, as he showed on his 31-yard completion in the first quarter.

Early on, it was clear the Chiefs committed to stopping the run, holding Peterson to -1 yards rushing through the first quarter of play. Floyd walled off a handoff to Charcandrick West for no gain and a turnover on downs.

“It is a mix of speed and power”, Floyd said. Sendejo seems too concerned with launching at the ball carrier like a missile to deliver the knockout blow instead of actually preventing them from getting the ball in the first place. It’s still all Peterson, of course, but Zimmer apparently is going to change blocking patterns and formations in an effort to recreate more of the missing seams.

With just minutes remaining and down by only six, right after a big pass to Kelce, West got it again.

“Hi, I’m 2015 Captain Munnerlyn and I have DirecTV”. We will use this and now we just have to stick together. “I’ve got to make sure I take care of that part”. He’s a great kid.

“I work really hard”.

The Vikings didn’t blitz Smith much, but went all out on a 3rd and 1 in the third quarter.

At first glance, Sunday’s matchup appeared to pit two teams still practicing Stone Age football built around star running backs Adrian Peterson and Charles.

“I mean we all knew he could ball the whole time“, Wallace said.

Blake Bortles, the No. 3 overall pick, is 4-15 in 19 starts for lowly Jacksonville, having tossed as many interceptions as touchdowns (24) while completing just 58.3 percent of his passes.

http://rapidnewsnetwork.com/minnesota-vikings-fantasy-football-breakdown/242645/

Share: