Mike’s Mock Draft V2

article featured image

Welcome to version two of my mock draft, below you will find a fully fleshed out first two rounds (along with every Vikings pick thereafter) of the draft that I could see happening. Let me know how your thoughts on Twitter, you can find me at: @MikeDorry1

Round 1
Pick (overall)

1. Cleveland Browns – Josh Allen QB-Wyoming

The whispers are getting louder and louder. I can’t help but think it’s becoming true. The Browns will take a QB here and I think we are all going to witness them take the wrong one.

Previous Pick: Sam Darnold

1. New York Giants – Josh Rosen QB-UCLA

Even with Darnold becoming available, the Giants stick with Rosen here.

1. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts – Baker Mayfield QB-Oklahoma

Baker remains the pick with the Jets as I can’t think of a better fit and the team is reportedly very high on him. For what it’s worth, Baker is my favorite QB on this draft and can now consider himself jinxed (Looking at you Paxton Lynch)

1. Buffalo Bills from Houston Texans From Cleveland Browns – Sam Darnold QB-USC

TRADE ALERT: Bills trade the farm (both 12 and 22, a second rounder number 53 and next years 2nd)

Bills stay with the trade but now get a much more in my opinion solid QB. Sam Darnold has the skills to immediately surpass McCarron as starter and the Bills are now back to playoff contention

Previous Pick: Josh Allen

1. Denver Broncos – Saquon Barkley RB-Penn State

News came out the Broncos legitimately tried to move C.J. Anderson, look for them to keep the Barkley pick and move him regardless.

1. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets – Bradley Chubb DE-NC State

Colts stick with the cornerstone of their new defense getting my number two player on my board.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Derwin James DB-Florida State

I’m done following the narrative. Derwin James is the better defender. Minkah makes just as much sense but I can’t get over not only James’ film but his measurables as well. This kid is a future star and the Bucs are lucky to have him.

Previous Pick: Minkah Fitzpatrick

1. Chicago Bears – Roquan Smith LB-Georgia

Smith remains the new defensive captain of the young Bears.

1. San Francisco 49ers – Quenton Nelson OG-Notre Dame

Pick just makes too much sense. Generational talent at guard? Check. Young franchise quarterback who will play Aaron Donald and Ndomakung Suh twice this year? Check. #SaveJimmysLife

1. Oakland Raiders – Denzel Ward CB-Ohio State

An awful, awful, awful pass defense needs a lot of help so taking my top cornerback makes sense. Ward plays like a man possessed, many Viking fans will see very Antoine Winfield-esque traits here.

Previous Pick: Derwin James

1. Miami Dolphins – Tremaine Edmunds LB-Virginia Tech

Lots of holes on this Dolphins team so they pick up Edmunds who will be a nice swiss army knife for a weak defense. He will be able to come off the edge in a hurry, strong enough to run stop and athletic enough to drop in coverage.

Previous Pick: Lamar Jackson

1. Cleveland Browns from Cincinnati from Buffalo – Mike McGlinchey OT- Notre Dame

Yes, McGlinchey is no Joe Thomas but the Browns will be desperately hoping he could be like ¾ as good as Thomas. Chris Hubbard is… Ok, but I think Mike will come in and take the starting left tackle spot to protect their new guys blindside for some time to come.

Previous Pick: Denzel Ward

1. Washington Redskins – Jaire Alexander CB-Louisville

Redskins stick with Alexander to boost their barren backfield

1. Green Bay Packers – Minkah Fitzpatrick DB-Alabama

As a Viking fan this makes me very sad to see Fitzpatrick fall this far but this is the next logical place for Fitzpatrick outside the top 10. Packers get a swiss army knife that can do a bit of everything and they can move wherever they need him at the time.

Previous Pick: Josh Jackson

1. Arizona Cardinals – Lamar Jackson QB- Louisville

With the corpse of Sam Bradford being dragged onto the field every Sunday they will probably want to move on sooner than later. Bradford’s knee maybe unrepairable at this point but who better to help with Jackson’s accuracy?

Previous Pick: Calvin Ridley

1. Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Ridley WR-Alabama

Literally the strongest limb I could jump out on. The Ravens have to get Flacco a decent receiver at some point right?

Previous Pick: Mike McGlinchey

1. Los Angeles Chargers – Vita Vea DT-Washington

Chargers stick with the Vea pick plugging the porous middle of the line.

1. Seattle Seahawks – Isaiah Wynn G/T-Georgia

With no all star linebacker here to tempt them, this time the Seahawks make the right pick. A solid player who can play all over their line and looking at who they have now I can’t imagine he wouldn’t be a day one starter.

Previous Pick: Tremaine Edmunds

1. Dallas Cowboys – Courtland Sutton WR-SMU

You know what, I said I regretted this pick because they signed Hurns the day after but I’m sticking with it. Dez’s days are numbered and Sutton has the potential to be something special. It doesn’t make the most sense for this pick but neither did John Ross last year.

1. Detroit Lions – Maurice Hurst DT-Michigan

This really is the hardest pick for me to predict. The lions boost a surprisingly solid roster but with the leaving of Ngata they have a hole in the middle of their defensive front. Hurst has given some people a scare with his condition but I do believe he is the most talented DT in the draft.

Previous Pick: Dallas Goedert

1. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo – Harold Landry Edge- Boston College

Bengals stick with the boost to their pass rush.

1. Cleveland Browns from Kansas City from Buffalo – Josh Jackson CB-Iowa

Excellent zone cover corner gives them a lot of options on what they want to do with him. Has the athleticism and size to bump in and out. Possible number 1 corner the day walks in.

Previous Pick: Marcus Davenport

1. New England Patriots – Connor Williams OT-Texas

In dire need of a tackle the Patriots pick up Connor Williams to hopefully be their next guy as they’ve been on an incredible run of underrated left tackles

Previous Pick: Isaiah Wynn-Rams

1. Carolina Panthers – D.J. Moore WR-Maryland

In dire need of a play maker with Funchess the Panthers take the third receiver of the first round scooping up D.J. Moore who will make an instant impact playing the under routes with Funchess going over.

1. Tennessee Titans – Leighton Vander Esch LB-Boise State

They lost Avery Williamson who was a low key huge part of their defense, Vander Esch fills his shoes nicely

Previous Pick: Mike Gesicki

1. Atlanta Falcons – Mike Gesicki TE- Penn State

Falcons lost Toilololololololololo and really need a tight end that is actually scary to round out their offense. Gesicki is super athletic with great hands and fits this mold.

Previous Pick: Taven Bryan

1. New Orleans Saints – Rashaan Evans ILB-Alabama

Saints stick with Evans to lead that shiney new defense

1. Pittsburgh Steelers – Justin Reid S- Stanford

Reid fills a huge hole in the Steeler defense where a second safety is currently non-existent. Reid has great lineage, super athletic and a force in the run as much as pass.

Previous Pick: Leighton Vander Esch

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Dallas Goedert TE-South Dakota State

The Jags just inexplicably dropped all their offensive playmakers. It’s too early for any of the receivers but a large athletic move tight end could be just what the doctor ordered.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Derrius Guice RB-LSU

Trade Alert: Bucs move up to 30 sending the Vikings number 38 and number 102 in the 4th round

This trade makes a ton of sense as it just about perfect on the trade chart and scoops Guice right out from under the Eagles and Patriots that are very likely landing spots for him and a position of need for the Bucs.

Previous Pick: Vikings- Billy Price

1. New England Patriots – Mason Rudolph QB-Oklahoma St

Call me crazy, but Brady HAS to regress at some point. Also, don’t forget, we were all shocked when they picked Jimmy G not too many picks back from this one.

Previous Pick: Kolton Miller

1. Philadelphia Eagles – Kolton Miller OT- UCLA

This pick really is a shot in the dark. The Eagles don’t need anything! They retained all talent and still have very few holes, so we are going with Miller here as Jason Peters is coming off a bad injury and is already in his 15th year. Hal Vaitai played well but they may need to shore it up even more.

Previous Pick : Darrius Guice

Round 2
Pick (overall)
1 (33). Cleveland Browns – Taven Bryan DT-Florida

The name of the game is a rotational defensive line, they are adding Bryan and making a strong run at a great defensive line.

Previous Pick: Ronnie Harrison

2 (34). New York Giants – Billy Price C/G-Ohio State

Giants have Omameh, Brett Jones and John Jerry at guard/center/guard. Price can start over each one of these guys at each position. Not only value but also a huge need.

Previous Pick: Sam Hubbard

3 (35). Cleveland Browns from Houston – Sony Michel RB-Georgia

They have Hyde and Duke Johnson currently, one is a injury risk every time he steps on the field and the other is a glorified slot receiver. There’s never been a thing as too many weapons anyways.

Previous Pick: Orlando Brown

4 (36). Indianapolis Colts – Da’Ron Payne DT-Alabama

I love drafting for the Colts. You can pick pretty much anyone and it looks like a great pick. Payne is a huge steal here and solidifies they interior defensive line

5 (37). Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets – Isaiah Oliver CB-Colorado

Sticking with Oliver here, another instant starter

6 (38). Minnesota Vikings from Tampa Bay  – Mike Hughes CB-UCF

The trade down and the few picks before the Vikings make this a very awkward place to be. We have to decide between taking a BPA type pick or reaching a little bit for an interior lineman. Zimmer is going to bang the table for defense, this is known. Hughes has the athleticism to play inside and out and can be an instant Newman replacement that could also slide into slot to take over for Mack if his struggles continue.

Previous Pick: Ronald Jones-Bucs

7 (39). Chicago Bears – Anthony Miller  WR-Memphis

I don’t think this is close to the best pick they could be making but they let Meredith walk and with a new offensive minded head coach they are going to continue to surround their young QB with talent.

Previous Pick: Arden Key

8 (40). Denver Broncos – James Washington WR-Oklahoma St

Washington plays much bigger than he is and could be a great value here letting him and Sanders play games underneath while Thomas goes over the top.

Previous Pick: Mason Rudolph

9 (41). Oakland Raiders – Harrison Phillips NT-Stanford

You know Gruden loves his grinders. Phillips is your local strongman who will toss blockers aside and make running the ball very hard.

Previous Pick: Mike Hughes

10 (42). Miami Dolphins – Dorian O’Daniel OLB-Clemson

The more that I watch Dorian. The more I love him. The Dolphins have a huge hole at linebacker and O’Daniel can do it all. He played the most snaps of the Tigers defense and did everything from nickel coverage to edge blitzing.

Previous Pick: Maurice Hurst

11 (43). New England Patriots from San Francisco – Lorenzo Carter LB- Georgia

Long and athletic edge rusher gives a boost to the poor Patriot linebackers

12 (44). Washington Redskins – D.J. Chark WR- LSU

Deep ball player that plays very similarly to Tyreek Hill so a nice familiarity point for Alex Smith.

Previous Pick: D.J. Moore

13 (45). Green Bay Packers – Marcus Davenport Edge-UTSA

Crazy good value here for a packer team looking at life after Clay soon. Bit of a project but an incredible ceiling.

Previous Pick: Justin Reid

14 (46). Cincinnati Bengals – Darius Leonard LB-South Carolina St

With Burfict’s problems the Bengals find themselves shallow at linebacker far too often. They reach a little bit but get a very talented sideline to sideline defender.

15 (47). Arizona Cardinals – Carlton Davis CB- Auburn

Pat Peterson is amazing. That’s where the cornerbacks end for the Cardinals though. With losing Mathieu as well they need all the help they can get.

16 (48). Los Angeles Chargers – Brian O’Neill OT-Pitt

O’Neill has been a big stock riser and can definitely help out the Chargers as they can’t keep their o-line healthy. Could push out Barksdale as a starter as well if he can find his technique 

17 (49). Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets through Seattle Seahawks – Nick Chubb RB-Georgia

Nick Chubb gives them some thunder and lightning with Marlon Mack who showed some flash last year

Previous Pick: Sony Michel

18 (50). Dallas Cowboys – Donte Jackson CB-LSU

Super athletic Jackson heads to the Cowboys to lock down the slot

19 (51). Detroit Lions – Sam Hubbard DE-Ohio State

Ziggy is getting dinged and Zettel disappears at time, adding Hubbard to a rotation could make both of them better

Previous Pick: Jerome Baker

20 (52). Baltimore Ravens – Hayden Hurst TE-South Carolina

Continuing to add weapons to a weak offense, one of these many tight ends need to pan out eventually for the Ravens right?

Previous Pick: D.J. Chark

21 (53). Cleveland Browns from Buffalo – Ronnie Harrison S-Alabama

Excellent addition to a terrible defensive backfield that is currently made up of nobodies in the safety department

Previous Pick: Harrison Phillips

22 (54). Kansas City Chiefs – Holton Hill DB-Texas

Needing desperate help in the defensive backfield the Chiefs pick up Hill who is very talented and can play on man or over the top.

Previous Pick: James Washington

23 (55). Carolina Panthers – Josh Sweat Edge-Florida State

Very athletic speed rusher to split reps with Julius Peppers who’s entering what has to be his final year.

24 (56). Buffalo Bills from Los Angeles Rams – James Daniels C/G-Iowa

Daniels is a perfect scheme fit and with Wood and Incognito retiring it will give the Bills a piece of mind in the interior

Previous Pick: Duke Dawson

25 (57). Tennessee Titans – Dorance Armstrong LB-Kansas

Brian Orakpo is getting older and less effective. Armstrong is raw but exactly what you want in 3-4 defense. Rotational guy and eventual starter.

26 (58). Atlanta Falcons – Derek Nnadi DT-Florida State

Having not taken a DT in the first the Falcons take Nnadi to team up with Jarrett in the middle.

Previous Pick: Frank Ragnow

27 (59). San Francisco 49ers from New Orleans Saints – Malik Jefferson LB-Texas

Foster is done in this league and Jefferson can step in and help immediately. Great size and strength makes him a force in the middle.

Previous Pick: Deon Cain

28 (60). Pittsburgh Steelers – Kyzir White S-West Virginia

Mike Mitchell is out in Pittsburgh and wasn’t very good anyways. Great down hill run coverage guy here will pair nicely with the coverage of Sean Davis

29 (61). Jacksonville Jaguars – Anthony Averett CB-Alabama

Fast and physical replaces Aaron Colvin instantly

30 (62). Minnesota Vikings – Frank Ragnow  C/G-Arkansas

The Prodigal Son returns and we have our new starting guard the road grader that is big Frank Ragnow, who can and should step in and be a day one starter.

Previous Pick: Josh Sweat

31 (63). New England Patriots – Marcus Allen S-Penn St

Hard worker and plays with high level of aggression. Will be an asset in run coverage.

32 (64). Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles – Deon Cain WR-Clemson

Can Corey Coleman stay healthy? Can Gordon stay clean? With both of these unknowns I think it’s safe to say the Browns could go WR here or a little later in the third

Minnesota Full Mock

R2-38. Minnesota Vikings from Bucs – Mike Hughes CB-UCF

Zimmer bangs the table and gets a shiny new toy.

R2-62. Minnesota Vikings – Frank Ragnow  C/G-Arkansas

Shoring up the interior o line bringing back the hometown boy

R3-94. Minnesota Vikings – Orlando Brown OT-Oklahoma

Brown continues his free fall but finally lands to the Vikings in the third round. Eventually tape takes over and Brown was absolutely incredible at Oklahoma and I’d say it’s worth the pick to have a backup floor and an all pro ceiling.

R4-102 Minnesota Vikings – Troy Fumagalli TE-Wisconsin

Defillipo gets his sure handed move tight end to pair up with Rudy and have some fun making mismatches

R5-167. Minnesota Vikings – R.J. Mcintosh- Miami

Sheldon Richardson is basically on a one year lease, he’ll be great but losing Johnson and Stephen leaves us very shallow at DT. Mcintosh is a bit of a project but is a very quick and explosive 3-tech that Zimmer can definitely work with

R6-204. Minnesota Vikings – Roc Thomas RB- Jacksonville State

Change of pace back that shows elite open field ability when swinging out of the backfield. Very reminiscent of Jerick McKinnon.

R6-213. Minnesota Vikings (Compensatory) – Matthew Thomas LB-Florida State

Athletic freak that when he was on the field was the best there, key word being WHEN. Off the field problems has slammed his stock but could end up being a steal of this draft.

R6-218. Minnesota Vikings (Compensatory) – Jake Wieneke WR-South Dakota State

Needs work in route running and release from the line but another matchup nightmare up the sidelines. Solid depth guy that has the skill and size to potentially be a difference maker.

R7-225 Minnesota Vikings – Peter Kalambayi Edge – Stanford

Very raw edge rusher, most likely a camp body but you never know what kind of magic we can run with our d-lineman.

Share: