Mike’s Mock Draft V1

Welcome to version one of my mock draft, below you will find a fully fleshed out first two rounds (along with every Vikings pick thereafter) of the draft that I could see happening. A few surprises but I don’t think anything too crazy will be found here. Keep an eye out in the next coming weeks as my mock changes with visits and rumors popping up daily

Round 1
Pick (overall)

1. Cleveland Browns – Sam Darnold QB-USC

Kind of cut and dry here, Cleveland needs their QB and Darnold and Rosen are the most pro ready choices. Can’t go wrong with either one however I do like Darnold’s size and arm strength more so I’m slotting him one.

1. New York Giants – Josh Rosen QB-UCLA

Controversy has creeped in on whether or not the Giants will pick a qb or trade out all together. I’m in the camp that it’s hard to find this opportunity and they shouldn’t squander it.

1. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts – Baker Mayfield QB-Oklahoma

Broadway Baker, come on down! Jets get their guy, great talent, full of swagger and a natural born leader. This is my hot take of best qb that will come from this draft.

1. Buffalo Bills from Houston Texans From Cleveland Browns – Josh Allen QB-Wyoming

TRADE ALERT: Bills panic and trade the farm (both 12 and 22, a second rounder number 53 and next years 2nd)

It’s going to take a lot but the Bills are going to move up for that QB. Teams are absolutely infatuated with the arm strength of Josh Allen. Bills will start McCarron for a year and swap him out next.

1. Denver Broncos – Saquon Barkley RB-Penn State

With the Bills jumping in front, Denver switches gears and goes all in on Keenum and gives him a nasty threat out of the backfield with Barkley.

1. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets – Bradley Chubb DE-NC State

Colts pull of the heist of the century garnering a ton of pick capital from the Jets while STILL getting the new cornerstone of their defense. Well done, Chris Ballard.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Minkah Fitzpatrick DB-Alabama

The fall of Quenton Nelson continues as his next suiter passes to shore up their putrid secondary selecting do it everything ballhawk Fitzpatrick

1. Chicago Bears – Roquan Smith LB-Georgia

Smith raises the level of Chicago’s defense the moment he steps on the field. Great in coverage and run stopping Bears are hoping for the second coming of Urlacher to captain the defense for the foreseeable future.

1. San Francisco 49ers – Quenton Nelson OG-Notre Dame

Nelson goes! My number one player on my board slides all the way down to number nine. John Lynch salivates at the idea of picking up his own little Aaron Donald neutralizer.

1. Oakland Raiders – Derwin James DB-Florida State

Reggie Nelson is getting old and the corners aren’t doing them any favors either. James torched the combine and can play over the top just as well as he can man to man. Teaming him up with Karl Joseph could prove deadly

1. Miami Dolphins – Lamar Jackson QB-Louisville

Dolphins continue to make everyone scratch their heads this offseason and are the team to take Lamar Jackson off the board. Tannehill experiment has to end at some point and they are rumored to be talking to the quarterbacks. Feel this is the pick they will take but not the logical one

1. Cleveland Browns from Cincinnati from Buffalo – Denzel Ward CB-Ohio State

Cleveland has a long storied history of bad cornerback picks as well as QB. This is a solid battleship sinking hit though as Denzel Ward will lock down the slot for Cleveland while also be able to provide assistance on the outside. Man plays like he’s 20 pounds heavier and three inches taller. One of my favorite prospects.

1. Washington Redskins – Jaire Alexander CB-Louisville

Breeland is gone. Fuller is gone. Redskins are in desperate need of a corner opposite of Josh Norman. Alexander is quickly rising up the boards and has the size and athleticism to match up with any receiver.

1. Green Bay Packers – Josh Jackson CB-Iowa

The cornerback run continues as the Packers select the perfect scheme fit with zone cover extraordinaire Josh Jackson.

1. Arizona Cardinals – Calvin Ridley WR-Alabama

They lost John Brown and JJ Nelson is average at best. Larry Fitz has another year or two ahead of him but time to start looking to the future and Ridley is the most talented receiver in the draft.

1. Baltimore Ravens – Mike McGlinchey OT-Notre Dame

Ronnie Stanley has played admirably but they have a massive hole at right tackle that McGlinchey will fill nicely.

1. Los Angeles Chargers – Vita Vea DT-Washington

Chargers had the second worst rush defense in the league, put this monster in the middle and watch them jump 10 spots higher

1. Seattle Seahawks – Tremaine Edmunds LB-Virginia Tech

Seattle needs offensive line BAD. Can’t help but think they aren’t going to ditch their defense first mentality when the best outside linebacker in the draft falls to them

1. Dallas Cowboys – Courtland Sutton WR-SMU

It’s time to start looking past Dez Bryant, Sutton has possibly the highest ceiling of pass catchers in this draft. Immediate deep threat and a shiney new weapon for Dak.

Notice: I made this Mock before they signed Allen Hurns

1. Detroit Lions – Dallas Goedert TE-South Dakota State

Possibly the biggest reach so far but I truly think Goedert is an absolute game changer. The Ebron trial has expired and Goedert will be everything they thought Ebron would be.

1. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo – Harold Landry

A massive talent a lot of people are sleeping on is Harold Landry. Bengals pick up a hell of an edge rusher to pair up with Carl Lawson

1. Cleveland Browns from Kansas City from Buffalo – Marcus Davenport Edge-UTSA

Davenport is a raw but physical specimen that could turn into a lethal edge rusher. Pair him up with Myles Garrett and Emmanuel Ogbah you’re going to have a rotation that will be giving offenses fits

1. Los Angeles Rams – Isaiah Wynn OG/OT-Georgia

Saffold is getting old and Jamon Brown is meh. Guard help will be much appreciated for Goff and Gurley. Solid best available pick here

1. Carolina Panthers – Connor Williams OT-Texas

My bias maybe showing her- you know what no. Matt Kalil sucks and he needs to be replaced.

1. Tennessee Titans – Mike Gesicki TE-Penn St

Double tight end sets with Delanie Walker? Two super athletic pass catching tight ends? Drool

1. Atlanta Falcons – Taven Bryan DT-Florida

Grady Jarrett needs a buddy and from my view Grady is the only DT on the roster. Bryan is a disruptive force that will pair up nicely and rule the middle.

1. New Orleans Saints – Rashaan Evans ILB-Alabama

Saints finally got their secondary figured out, got a decent pass rush going but still need the linebackers to complete it out. Evans is the second best inside linebacker in the draft and will prowl the weaker middle of the field.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers – Leighton Vander Esch ILB- Boise State

Steelers are cursing the Saints for taking their guy and panic for Vander Esch. While Leighton is very talented and has the physical tools, he’s also going to need the coaching to get his skills up to par.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Will Hernandez OG-UTEP

Weird seeing the Jaguars down here. With a super solid roster they are going to shore up the RG and kick AJ Cann to the curb with this plug and play run mauler.

1. Minnesota Vikings – Billy Price C/G-Ohio State

The road grader with the mean streak falls into the Vikings laps at a position of need. Wind up and watch him clear the road for Cook.

1. New England Patriots – Kolton Miller OT-UCLA

Patriots need to replace Solder before Brady gets killed. Miller is the best available and showed very well at the combine.

1. Philadelphia Eagles – Derrius Guice RB-LSU

Eagles are fully in on best pick available all draft. While they love Ajayi and Clements I wouldn’t be surprised if Guice outshined both of them next year.

Round 2
Pick (overall)
1 (33). Cleveland Browns – Ronnie Harrison S-Alabama

Great size and speed while being an impact starter in a poor safety group for the Browns

2 (34). New York Giants – Sam Hubbard DE-Ohio State

Jason Pierre Paul was recently traded so Hubbard is a natural replacement as a borderline first round talent while providing better run defense that JPP did.

3 (35). Cleveland Browns from Houston – Orlando Brown OT-Oklahoma

Ignore the combine and you can still see the skill that teams love in Orlando Brown. He needs coaching and motivation but Cleveland will be desperate for their next Joe Thomas.

4 (36). Indianapolis Colts – Da’Ron Payne DT-Alabama

Al Woods and Hassan Ridgeway strike fear in nobody. Colts get possibly the steal of the draft here and get their middle plug to sit next to Chubb

5 (37). Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets – Isaiah Oliver CB-Colorado

Speed, Size, Length. Oliver instantly makes a VERY poor cornerback core better.

6 (38). Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Ronald Jones RB-USC

Tampa very well could trade up for Guice but in this they take next best with Ronald Jone to boost a backfield that’s lead by Peyton Barber currently.

7 (39). Chicago Bears – Arden Key Edge-LSU

Arden Key brings size and athleticism to the Bears defense and will be a force in the run and pass.

8 (40). Denver Broncos – Mason Rudolph QB-Oklahoma State

Broncos scoop up Rudolph to sit behind Keenum for a couple years while they hone in his big arm

9 (41). Oakland Raiders – Mike Hughes CB-UCF

Oakland continues to shore up a bad defensive back field and select the inside outside threat.

10 (42). Miami Dolphins – Maurice Hurst DT-Michigan

Sounds like the heart scare Hurst had won’t hamper him too much and the Dolphins get a first round talent and Suh replacement.

11 (43). New England Patriots from San Francisco – Lorenzo Carter LB- Georgia

Long and athletic edge rusher gives a boost to the poor Patriot linebackers

12 (44). Washington Redskins – D.J. Moore WR-Maryland

Inside/outside threat that’s been rocketing up the boards. Moore and Crowder together could be terrifying

13 (45). Green Bay Packers – Justin Reid Stanford

Morgan Burnett has packed his bags and left an already weak defensive backfield. Reid has the athleticism and size to be a bonus in coverage and run support.

14 (46). Cincinnati Bengals – Darius Leonard LB-South Carolina St

With Burfict’s problems the Bengals find themselves shallow at linebacker far too often. They reach a little bit but get a very talented sideline to sideline defender.

15 (47). Arizona Cardinals – Carlton Davis CB- Auburn

Pat Peterson is amazing. That’s where the cornerbacks end for the Cardinals though. With losing Mathieu as well they need all the help they can get.

16 (48). Los Angeles Chargers – Brian O’Neill OT-Pitt

O’Neill has been a big stock riser and can definitely help out the Chargers as they can’t keep their o-line healthy. Could push out Barksdale as a starter as well

17 (49). Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets through Seattle Seahawks – Sony Michel RB-Georgia

Frank Gore has left and they are going to want someone to share the load with Marlon Mack. Sony Michel may be the most underrated back in this draft, will make a big splash with the Colts

18 (50). Dallas Cowboys – Donte Jackson CB-LSU

Super athletic Jackson heads to the Cowboys to lock down the slot

19 (51). Detroit Lions – Jerome Baker OLB-Ohio State

Lions got torched on having a very shallow linebacker crew last year. Baker is a super athletic mover that can handle most coverage duties while being able to make the tackle anywhere on the field

20 (52). Baltimore Ravens – D.J. Chark WR-LSU

Ravens missed on getting a receiver in the first but pick up their new Mike Wallace-esque deep threat in Chark

21 (53). Cleveland Browns from Buffalo – Harrison Phillips DT-Stanford

Cleveland continues to add to the d-line rotation with the ex-wrestler and local strong man Harrison Phillips

22 (54). Kansas City Chiefs – James Washington WR- Oklahoma State

Chiefs continue their trend in liking the athletic smaller receiver. Plug and play replacement of Albert Wilson here.

23 (55). Carolina Panthers – Jessie Bates S-Wake Forest

Versatile and fluid safety that will push out elder statesman Mike Adams and add to the possibilities of the defense

24 (56). Buffalo Bills from Los Angeles Rams – Duke Dawson CB-Florida

Had a big hit on Tre White last year but still need help. Duke Dawson is your prototypical slot guy and in a division with the Patriots, you need this.

25 (57). Tennessee Titans – Dorance Armstrong LB-Kansas

Brian Orakpo is getting older and less effective. Armstrong is raw but exactly what you want in 3-4 defense. Rotational guy and eventual starter.
26 (58). Atlanta Falcons – Frank Ragnow C/G-Arkansas

Another favorite of mine off the board. Ragnow can fill in right away at their weak left guard spot and could eventually replace Alex Mack at center.

27 (59). San Francisco 49ers from New Orleans Saints – Deon Cain WR-Clemson

Size and speed makes Pierre Garcon expendable and a fun new toy for Jimmy G

28 (60). Pittsburgh Steelers – Kyzir White S-West Virginia

Mike Mitchell is out in Pittsburgh and wasn’t very good anyways. Great down hill run coverage guy here will pair nicely with the coverage of Sean Davis

29 (61). Jacksonville Jaguars – Anthony Averett CB-Alabama

Fast and physical replaces Aaron Colvin instantly

30 (62). Minnesota Vikings – Josh Sweat Edge-Florida State

We watched our pass rush completely disappear when Griffen wasn’t 100%. Sweat immediately upgrades our rotation and could be potential replacement for Griffen.

31 (63). New England Patriots – Marcus Allen S-Penn St

Hard worker and plays with high level of aggression. Will be an asset in run coverage.
32 (64). Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles – Kerryon Johnson RB-Auburn

Carlos Hyde has his injury concerns and Duke Johnson is more of a swing guy. Browns add a more true runner here hitting holes hard and fast.

Minnesota Full Mock

R1-30. Minnesota Vikings – Billy Price C/G-Ohio State

The road grader with the mean streak falls into the Vikings laps at a position of need. Wind up and watch him clear the road for Cook.

R2-(62). Minnesota Vikings – Josh Sweat Edge-Florida State

We watched our pass rush completely disappear when Griffen wasn’t 100%. Sweat immediately upgrades our rotation and could be potential replacement for Griffen.

R3-94. Minnesota Vikings – JC Jackson CB-Maryland

Inside outside corner that plays with a lot of aggression and physicality which are two of Zimmer’s favorite traits.

R5-167. Minnesota Vikings – Alex Cappa OG/OT- Humboldt State

Raw and untested but has all the measurable you could want. A bit of a project but will be much needed depth

R6-204. Minnesota Vikings – Roc Thomas RB- Jacksonville State

Change of pace back that shows elite open field ability when swinging out of the backfield. Very reminiscent of Jerick McKinnon.

R6-213. Minnesota Vikings (Compensatory) – Jordan Akins TE-UCF

Old (26) but very athletic and an absolute weapon in the passing game. A matchup nightmare against most competition and immediate contributor.

R6-218. Minnesota Vikings (Compensatory) – Jake Wieneke WR-South Dakota State

Needs work in route running and release from the line but another matchup nightmare up the sidelines. Solid depth guy that has the skill and size to potentially be a difference maker.

You can find me on twitter @MikeDorry1, let me know how terrible my picks are and who your draft crushes are.

Share: