Fantasy Tuesdays: Fantasy Loseday

Oofda.

Was a rough weekend for ol’ Dorry as in my three leagues we only pulled out a win in one of them. Our fearless team the 38-7’s ended up with a couple duds and a stud remaining on the bench which ended up being quite regrettable as I flip flopped him in and out all week. 

Let’s take a look at the things that went wrong and what my thought process on the lineup was:

Devin Funchess over Emmanuel Sanders-

Now, I’ve been very high on a Sanders/Keenum connection since the Broncos signed their new QB but even so I had a lot of faith in Funchess against a young and quite frankly not very good Cowboys defense. Now the Broncos had a decent matchup as well against a decimated Seahawks defense but I (and please forgive me) had more faith in Cam Newton than Case Keenum. This is a lesson learned and all my ideas of that very Thielen like connection with Sanders came to fruition and you will not catch me benching Sanders much in the future.

Alex Collins-

Man this one hurts. Alex Collins was a in matchup dream! Last years worst ranked rush defense against what was a very balanced offense who was playing at home. Well, 32 pass attempts and 40 points late and the Ravens starters are riding the wood in a thrashing of a flailing Bills team. Collins would score early but finish with just 13 yards. The Bills were so bad they ruined my fantasy team.

With decent matchups across the board we are going to roll with essentially the same lineup minus Funchess this week.

Let’s get to why you guys are really here and let’s find you the value you need.

Dummy Trades

Every year after weeks one and two there are players that disappointed that were supposed to be good and the knee jerk reaction is to cut bait and find something else. Folks, this game is a marathon and you should take advantage of these dummies.

Alex Collins – RB Baltimore

You saw a little bit of how I feel above but really when you look at Alex Collins he’s locked in as the lead back in a defensive team who’s going to want to burn time. Lock this in with a very impressive second half of the season last year and Collins should be a great value. Anyone who bought into his week one hype and was disappointed will be selling him cheap despite a number of upcoming games that should be heavy in favor of good numbers. AFC north defenses are definitely the weakest they’ve been in a while (other than Collins’ own team) and look for Baltimore to run hard to open up that shiney new passing offense.

Chris Hogan- WR New England

Slow your horses I know Chris Hogan may have as well not even been on the field this last Sunday but the targets will come and I will stand on this hill that until Julian Edelman comes back from suspension Hogan is the most talented receiver on this team. A super talented Jaguars defense is in store for him next week but Edelman is out four weeks. Looking at three and four we see Detroit (who just got TORCHED by the Jets) and the ever disappointing Dolphins. If you’re looking for a throw in on a trade Hogan has some great projected value coming up.

Pretty much every Tight End not named Gronkowski or Jared Cook-

What a downright, awful, no good weekend for tight ends. Wow. For example, Nick Boyle(who?) outscored Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce and Trey Burton added together. Let this be your delight though. These disappointments can swing heavy in your favor as the less experienced player may give up quick and these players WILL get the targets. They WILL get the touchdows. Buy low now cause these guys will not be low for long.

Starts:

Chris Thompson/Adrian Peterson:

Honestly it doesn’t matter too much which one you may have or which one you start. Jay Gruden had that offense humming and the Peterson/Thompson combo had the wheels spinning. With a favorable matchup against the Colts who couldn’t slow down Joe Mixon, I see no reason why this combo won’t put up another 40 points together.

George Kittle:

The 49ers made it plain to see that Kittle is going to be a very large part of this offense. If he didn’t have a killer drop on Sunday we’d be looking at a 6/140/1 stat line. That being said having a tight end go for 90 yards is huge and will be a top five tight end most weeks. A scrambling Detroit comes to town who just let 48 drop on them from a much less talented offense. Look for Kittle to match his yardage and add a touchdown.

Sits:

Anyone on the Patriots offense not named Gronk:

The Patriots do not have a very talented offense this year. Watch for this to be on full display in a low scoring slug fest with Jaguars defense. Gronk and Brady should be fine but anyone named White/Dorsett/Patterson/Hogan/Burkhead are in for a rough time

Randall Cobb:

Don’t let Rodgers heroics fool you. Randall Cobb had a great game but the Vikings aren’t going to allow a late game 70 yard touchdown to pad the points. Look for Cobb to return to the norm but make sure to stash him away for the favorable matchups.

As always leave any questions in the comments or follow me on Twitter @MikeDorry1

Good luck this week!

Share: