- February 5, 2020 at 1:46 pm #55161
- February 5, 2020 at 3:15 pm #55166Joe JohnsonKeymasterNewbieRank: Newbie
The Chiefs moving up several draft spots to take a flyer on Patrick Mahomes is gonna be the talk of the off-season, but just how often does that work?
That’s it right there.
I just talked about this on KLGR radios the scoop.
How often does that work in general let alone for a team that hasn’t developed a QB since Tommy Kramer?
- February 5, 2020 at 6:17 pm #55167Kirby O’ConnorModeratorNewbieRank: Newbie
The answer, in my opinion is to take a high upside guy who fits the new style of the NFL like Jalen Hurts in the late second-early third. We would have to give up way to much to move up anything that would be a “sure thing” and even then, we would never get Burrows, and Tua is too much of a question mark for my taste. Maybe we could get Herbert, but I also have concerns with how Oregon took the reigns out of his hands.
- February 6, 2020 at 3:30 pm #55176TimParticipantNewbieRank: Newbie
This is a tough one.
Feels like we’ve painted ourselves in a corner.
There’s always baseball?
- February 6, 2020 at 8:29 pm #55195Ben LysoParticipantNewbieRank: Newbie
I also like Jalen and think he would be a very good selection for the Vikings. Either way the Vikings would be smart to draft a quarterback. If by the end of next year we don’t have any viable replacement for Cousins he will have all the leverage in contract negotiations and could command an inflated price tag.
- February 7, 2020 at 2:57 pm #55210NicholasDaherModeratorNewbieRank: Newbie
The better question is whether or not Joe J. can? Haha!
- February 10, 2020 at 7:27 pm #55276Joe OberleModeratorNewbieRank: Newbie
Nicholas D has nailed it! That is exactly right. Lol! The only way he can is if the Vikings take a QB from the Big 10 and development him into a Super Bowl winner.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.