The View from VT: Starter No More, the Viking Killer, & a Lineman Wants to Join Minnesota
Vikings Territory works in partnership with PurplePTSD, similarly doing their utmost to put forth excellent Minnesota Vikings content. As a result, we occasionally promote what they have to offer in “The View from VT,” a weekly piece. Take a look at five of their articles from the past week.
The View from VT: September 16th, 2023
1) One Vikings Starter Hardly Played vs. Buccaneers: The simplest answer is that he’s no longer a starter. The online depth chart can say one thing but then the actual playing time says something entirely different. The UDFA LB seems to have usurped the sophomore for the LB2 job.
2) Bleacher Report Recommends Viking-Killer Free Agent for Minnesota: Maybe the Thursday night run defense debacle will ignite some interest in the massive defensive tackle. Somewhat surprisingly, the Vikings barely leaned on Khyiris Tonga even though Philly was moving up and down the field on the ground. Certainly an odd approach for a team with a thin defensive line.
3) Free Agent Signing is a Late Addition to Vikings Injury Report: Not great news for the Vikings. Signed to be the Robin to Danielle Hunter’s Batman, Marcus Davenport hasn’t been able to make an impact since he’s trying to overcome an ankle injury. Hopefully the extra time off before Week 3 will be exactly what the doctor ordered (it likely is).
4) Well, Dalton Risner Wants to Join the Vikings: The TNF struggles will only increase the calls for reinforcements on the OL. Put simply, the Vikings can’t continue on their current trajectory with that offensive line. Kirk Cousins is insanely tough and durable but he’s getting hit way too much after a 2022 season where he got hit way too much.
5) 2 Things that Cost the Vikings the Game: Turnovers have been the story of the season for Minnesota. The self-inflicted wounds are ruining Minnesota’s chance of getting victories. The NFL is an ultra competitive league, so contributing to one’s own demise is a strategy to avoid.
Enjoy the extra reading, Minnesota Vikings fans.
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.