The View from VT: Re-Signing Plans, A Daunting Future, & Sherman’s Critique
Vikings Territory works in partnership with PurplePTSD, similarly doing their utmost to put forth excellent Minnesota Vikings content. As a result, we occasionally promote what they have to offer in “The View from VT,” a weekly piece. Take a look of five of their articles from the past week.
1) 1 Particular Starter Plans to Re-Sign with the Vikings: One wonders if there will be a discrepancy between what the team is looking to give and what the player is hoping to receive. As we all know, the Vikings will be navigating a somewhat challenging cap situation. We’ll see what Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has up his sleeve for his C1.
2) Former Vikings Coach Lands Interview with Commanders: The coaching news will be coming fast and furious in the coming weeks (especially after the decision to fire Ed Donatell). The hope is that Pat Shurmer will get another chance to show what he can do. He did an excellent job in 2017 of helping to push Minnesota to the NFC Championship Game.
3) Analyst Drops Daunting Prediction for Vikings Future: For the most part, I’m feeling pretty optimistic about the Vikings’ future. I’m expecting them to extend Kirk Cousins and then be fairly aggressive when it comes to retaining internal talent.
4) 4 Beloved Vikings Could Play Their Final Home Game on Sunday: A lot has been written about this topic (even right here on PurplePTSD). Unfortunately, we know that changes will need to be made. The lacklustre performance on defense and the budget make it a near guarantee.
5) Richard Sherman’s Harsh Words about The Vikings: For the most part, Sherman doesn’t appear too shy about sharing his opinion. He’s a smart guy who had an excellent NFL career. Nevertheless, there is a lot of reason for Vikings fans to be feeling hopeful.
Enjoy the extra reading, Minnesota Vikings fans. Skol.
Expect a Kirk Cousins Extension