The View from VT: Corner Coverage, Tradeable Players, & Dalvin Sasquatch
Vikings Territory works in partnership with PurplePTSD, similarly doing their utmost to put forth excellent Minnesota Vikings content. As a result, we occasionally promote what they have to offer. Take a look of five of their articles from the past week.
1) Our Staff Guide to Week 7 NFL Upsets: I ended up picking the Lions to take down the Cowboys. My rationale? Well, Detroit has been a tough team to beat, one that consistently plays hard. My thinking is that they’ll have what it takes to keep it close. If a fortuitous bounce goes their way, perhaps they can steal a win away from Mike McCarthy, Jerry Jones, and the Cowboys.
2) Corner Pass Coverage Has Been a Mixed Bag for Vikings: Indeed, there have been some ups and downs. Patrick Peterson has played better than I anticipated, but I still have concerns about receivers challenging him deep. Meanwhile, Cameron Dantzler continues to make strong plays opposite the veteran. An improved pass rush will help the corners to play better.
3) The Vikings Have One Tradeable Asset: In my mind, there are several players on the Minnesota Vikings roster who could be traded. Now, I don’t foresee the team being too aggressive when it comes to moving players out since they’re sitting at 5-1. Alas, Kwesi Adofo-Mensah hasn’t called to ask for my advice on what to do as the deadline nears, so we’ll see what the GM decides.
4) Sasquatch Sat Next to Dalvin Cook: There can be very little debate that we are living in strange days. Even still, I didn’t foresee this one. Sasquatch and Cook sat together at the Timberwolves game.
5) How Are the Vikings Still Overlooked?: At times, the defense has looked uninspired, allowing opposing QBs to make completions with ease. The offense has yet to clear 30 points in a game. Even still, they sit at 5-1. How good of a team are they? Reasonable minds can disagree.
Enjoy the extra reading, Minnesota Vikings fans. Skol.