The Vikings Season: Purple PTSD Writers Share Their Predictions
The first game of the 2022 NFL season is in the books. The Bills helped Minnesota by snagging a victory over the Rams, a team many are expecting to be at the top of the NFC.
We can now firmly look ahead to what the Vikings will do this season.
I went to a handful of writers for Purple PTSD, hitting them with five fill-in-the-blanks preditions. At the end, I offered a chance to briefly expand on a point or two. Take a look at what I sent along:
1) Vikings Record:
2) Vikings Playoff Outcome (if applicable):
3) League MVP:
4) Super Bowl Winner:
5) Final Bold Purple Prediction:
Below, you’ll find the answers from Josh, Dustin, Cole, and myself.
2) Loss in Divisional Round.
3) Justin Herbert.
4) Buffalo Bills.
5) Justin Jefferson breaks 2000 receiving yards.
The Vikings season could very well come down to how well they do in the two games against the Green Bay Packers. The New Year’s game at Lambeau looks like the game that decides the NFC North.
2) Win a Wildcard; lose Divisional.
3) Patrick Mahomes.
4) Kansas City Chiefs.
5) Jalen Reagor is a substantial wide-receiving contributor — not just a punt return guy.
2) Win a home playoff game, lose Divisional Round.
3) Josh Allen.
4) Buffalo Bills.
5) KJ Osborn outgains Thielen in yardage and goes for over 1000 yards.
I think we look at this 2022 Vikings team much the same way as the 2017 Rams. It’s a coaching staff maximizing the roster they have before putting the final touches on a Super Bowl contender in Year 2.
2) Loss in the Wild Card Round.
3) Aaron Donald.
4) Denver Broncos.
5) Harrison Smith is an All Pro.
I’ve already done some bold predictions, so I’m tossing out a new one: Smith is an All Pro. Either first or second-team counts. It’s time for a non-QB to win the MVP Award. Donald may be the league’s best overall player.